Developing a successful plan to manage vacation guests allows the homeowner the benefit of renting their home free of any stress. SVH provides vacation homeowners with a personal guide to create a successful vacation property. When showcasing a home on our website, homeowners receive the benefits of our vacation home design team. We provide a complete guide to develop a quality home that vacationers will enjoy. Homeowners who work with SVH to transform their properties also receive trade benefits to help keep the costs of renovations at a minimum.
SVH screens all potential guests to confirm that they are a good fit for your home. Travelers will have the ability to review your contract and policies on your home’s property page. The homeowner can review the reservation details and calendar in the homeowner’s portal section of our website. SVH offers homeowners the option to use our service agents to prepare the home for the guest’s arrival. The service agents can also assist the guest’s needs during the duration of their stay and are able to assist with home inspections and reports when guests check out.
Our success has been based on the personal connection that is established between our staff and your home. We tour the home to verify that it is a good fit for our travelers. Once it has been determined that the homeowner will benefit from our services, we establish a property page on our website complete with photos and video. A description, list of amenities, photos, and map are available for the traveler to learn more about the home and the local attractions. Through marketing and advertisement, SVH connects the traveler to the vacation property.
Our reservation specialists are trained to assist in locating homes that are the best match for each traveler. Reservation specialists are available to assist travelers and answer any questions they may have. A qualified traveler will have the ability to reserve the home directly through the SVH website. A direct link is established with the traveler’s email address to receive documents that apply to their reservation. The reservation and payments are processed electronically. Payment options and polices are individualized by the homeowner. Homeowners are provided with a portal to our website which provides reservation details, calendars, custom reports, and tax statements.
SVH performs regular inspections of our homes to evaluate the condition of the home and its amenities. Our close involvement with the homes is reflected on our website and allows the traveler to book a property with confidence.
• Your home is located in a popular vacation area.
• You wish to provide your guests with a quality experience.
• You wish to maximize the return on your investment.
Your home will be featured on our website. We also use cross-marketing to give your home as much exposure as possible. We use social media and multiple marketing channels to maximize the visibility of your home to potential guests.
Pricing is based on size, location, and the amenities the home offers. Rates are adjusted accordingly and are based on seasonal and holiday demand. Our vacation specialists routinely analyze the rental market to assure that our properties remain competitive.
• Confirm that the requested rental dates are available.
• Review the inquiry to determine that the guest meets the homeowner's house rules and policies.
• Assist the guest through phone calls and/or email.
• We ask potential guests a series of questions to determine their needs and to establish whether they will be a good fit for your home.
• We require disclosure of the number of guest and ages of each expected guest.
• We determine if the guests will be hosting an event at the home.
• We request to know if the guest intends to bring any pets into pet-friendly homes and, if so, we ask for the breed and weight of each pet.
• We request a rental reference and conduct a basic background check.
• We require the guest to submit photo identification.
• We inquire whether the guest has any special needs.
Fifty percent of the full rental rate is required when the guest signs the rental agreement. The balance, plus security deposit is due 45 days prior to the check-in date. Each homeowner chooses how to receive payments. Payment option may include cashier’s check, Paypal, e-check, or credit card. Fees attached to Paypal or credit card transactions are covered by the guest and do not affect established rental rates.
SVH continuously communicates with potential guests from inquiry to booking and beyond. You will have the assurance that SVH will work with guests and homeowners to help resolve any issues that may arise during the guest’s stay.
• A security deposit is collected approximately 45 days prior to a guest’s check-in. The deposit is held until after the guest departs the property.
• Once guests depart, SVH staff members, as well as the cleaning crew, inspect the home for damages, breakages, or misuse of the home.
• Time-stamped photos are taken of these findings and are submitted to SVH to be incorporated in the property report.
• Guests are given a detailed explanation of the findings in the property report. If damage or loss occurs, the amount of compensation to the homeowner is determined and is deducted from the security deposit.
• The balance of the security deposit is returned to the guest.
SVH works with homeowners who also use their homes for personal use. We require 80% of the agreed upon rental time-period. We are happy to create a custom calendar that suits your needs.
Service fees are equivalent to 12.5 % of the rental rate of a reservation. A customized service agreement is available for homeowners who require more use of their home.
Contact our office to schedule a meeting at your vacation home with one of our specialists.